Friday, July 25, 2008

Chineseified






Yes, it has been a little while since you have heard from us, but we've been having way too much fun to worry about family and friends. Just kidding. Our hotel charges for internet and I'm so cheap that I was waiting so that we could just do one big post at once.
Damon did great on the flight and has been so amazing while we've been here. He is such a little attention-mooch. Everyone on the plane loved him. He didn't cry at all, slept well, and did whatever funny thing he could to get peoples attention. He's basically the same way here too. Any time we're on a bus or the subway, he is smiling and laughing trying to get peoples attention.
We arrived Tuesday evening and caught a bus to the Hotel and grabbed some dinner.
The next day we spend the whole day down on Hong Kong Island. We went up to the peak, went to Time Square, Sogo, the World Wide House, and a bunch of other places (Brian will probably be the only one who knows what these places are). That evening we went to the church in Wan Chai and visited with members and missionaries.
On Thursday we spent the day with Grandma Townley. We met her early in the morning at the Kwai Fong MTR station and headed over to the mission home. I was able to see just about every missionary I taught there because it was transfer day. It was a lot of fun seeing them. That day we went to the Hong Kong Natural History Museum, TST, and went shopping in Mong Kok. Grandma had to buy a new purse and I bought myself a totally legit Rolex. Well, that's what they told me anyway.
Yesterday we got up early and caught a ferry to wonderous Macau. It's still a wonderful place, but it sure has changed. We did a little sight seeing, but mostly just spent time with old friends. That has been the best part of this trip. We also had a miracle in Macau. We were walking through downtown and I saw two children that I recognized. I had to stare at them for a minute, but I realized that they were Karen and RJ, the children of Katrina, a member I taught there and had lost contact with. They took us to their house and we were able to visit with Katrina for an hour or so. It was such a miracle that the one day we went to Macau we were able to see Katrina and her wonderful family.
We're not sure what we will do today. We're getting pretty exhausted so we may just take it easy. We have a few wards to attend and visit on Sunday and then monday we're off to Beijing.
We'll try to keep you updated as often as possible.
We love you all and hope all is well.

5 comments:

Julie Johnson said...

Looks like you are have a lot of fun! your hotel is HUGE! The second picture looks like the spanish steps in Italy. Hope we can make it over. I am still hoping. found tickets for 650 so hopefully! You better buy Charise something. Hope you are loving your adventure. put more pics on! Love all three of you!

Nate and Sarah said...

Wow, sounds like you guys are having an amazing experience! That's so cool that you got to spend some time with Grandma...I bet she was so thrilled to see little Damon! We're really glad you guys arrived safely.


Nate says tell Hello Kitty hi for him...I did not condone this statement. :)

Nate and Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

We are all so glad that you all made it there safely. It sounds like you already are having wonderful experiences. Travel safely to China, and keep blogging, we love all the pictures and stories, thanks for sharing.

Alisha Johnson said...

Wow... Kinda sad, it seems like you have been gone forever! But good that you guys made it safe and are having the experience of a lifetime! I wanted to call you the other day Reese... When will you guys be up on Skype? Probably when you've settled down in your place... Let me know! We love and miss you guys! Hope all is well.