Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Best Day of the Week

We have loved attending the Branch in Tianjin. It has definitely been one of the most amazing parts of our stay here. We love all the people who come (English, Korean, and Chinese) that help to make our Sundays so edifying and fill our hearts with the Spirit. There are around twenty of us now, when we first got here there were about ten with us included. The Branch grows during the school year because there are many couples from the states that come to teach English at the colleges here in China. We are often invited to lunch or dinner which is so nice since we cannot make hardly anything where we live. The food is always delicious, and the company is even better. We have made lasting friendships of which we will cherish forever.

My boys all ready for church

Sweet beautiful Korean girl. Besides Damon there are two other Korean girls about 5 and 3 years old. There is a small room in the Church 'house' that is used as a Nursery. We usually take turns during classes watching the kids. It is fun to see how well the little ones get along even when they speak different languages.

The other Korean girl.

Damon playing in Nursery.

We sure love all of these people! Each one has touched our lives for the better. We are so grateful for their righteous examples.

6 comments:

rickynkim said...

That is such a neat experience, when I lived in a small branch in PA it really helped my testimony to know that the gospel is true, no matter how big or small your congregation is. I didn't comment on your last blog about Beijing, but holy cow! I am so jealous!! Cute stuff...great baragining!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love Sundays...for more than just it being sunday, even though there are stressful times on sunday's I still look forward to being able to spend the day with family and especially Rob, he is usually with me more on Sunday's than any other day. I love it!!!

The Bitter Family said...

What a great picture of your branch. I still think Kyle looks filled out. It'd be interesting if he's gained weight. Your cute little family is fun to view with the others. So glad you're able to worship there and feel the Spirit, and mingle with good members. We love and miss you!

The Bitter Family said...

I forgot to say that I love the picture of Damon and Kyle at the hotel all ready for church. It's so cute. Damon's eyes are Chinese eyes! So endearing!

Nate and Sarah said...

That is so awesome, Charise. That must be such an awesome experience to see members outside the US! I'm so glad you get to have that awesome experience.

Allison and Darin said...

That's so great having friends in the same situation as you! What a beautiful boy too, he almost blends right in :) The church is so awesome, bringing people together to feel the spirit no matter where you are. You're amazing, Charise. We miss you so much!