Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Our Travels

We have been home for about a week and a half now, and have loved catching up with family and friends.  The internet has not been working very well since we have been back so I was not able to post anything.  I finally found my camera cord and have a working internet connection so here it is!  The story of our journey home...
Bags packed...
Waiting at the bus station.  We started our journey on November 5th.  We took a 2 1/2 hour bus ride from Tianjin to Beijing where we had booked a hotel for the night.  Our flight was scheduled for 7:50 am the next day so we wanted to be close to the airport.  

The hotel room in Beijing was a bit smaller than our other one, and did not have a crib for
Damon to sleep in. Unfortunately, the tent we were using broke and we trashed it when
we left. So, with two small twin beds we decided to take turns trying to get him to sleep. He 
actually fell asleep pretty quickly! Daddy has the magic touch. In the middle of the night 
Damon woke up, and Kyle was afraid he would be up the rest of the night. He crawled around 
until he found a comfortable position and slept the rest of the night. When I woke up and saw 
him I could not resist snapping a few. Isn't this so adorable? I love, love, love my boys!

On the plane, waiting for take off.
Our last picture on the ground in Asia.  We hope to be able to visit Hong Kong again soon! 
Okay, one thing I will miss is this yummy soup.  It may look a bit funny cause the camera made a little glare across the top, but it was one of my favorite things to eat in China.  It is egg drop soup, but with a little twist.  It has a hint of tomato in it, as well as small tomato and cucumber chunks.  It was like the oriental version of tomato soup.  It was very mild, and so soothing.  I am sure it is super easy, but man was it amazing!  

9 comments:

Alisha Johnson said...

I love those pictures of Damon on top of Kyle... I thought it was so funny and cute when you told us about it, but the pictures are priceless!

Anonymous said...

It is fun to read of your adventure home. We are glad you are back and all is good on the home front. I love the pictures of Damon sleeping on Kyle, how cute...

Brett and Megan said...

It was so good to see you too! Damon is even cuter in real life! You looked so pretty as usual :) I am sure it feels so good to be home and back to your families. Oh man, how did Damon do on the flight? I cannot even imagine how Davs would be on a 13 hour flight. Your son must be very well behaved. Next time I see Chera I will tell her you said hello. It would be fun if we all got together sometime!

Julie Johnson said...

Yum! Can you make it? I want another Chinese food dinner. Before you move away again, please teach me how to cook some stuff or you will have to FedEx me food from Massachusetts. Hope you go there. I really wanted to go to Boston College, my parents weren't willing to fork over the tuition at the time. It is great there though. Kyle- you owe Charise BIG time!!!

Chaleese said...

Those pictures are so funny! Oh my gosh! Cute boys! I am so happy you are home!! I missed you!!

Mark said...

That picture is so stinkin funny I love it. Welcome home to normal food. Don't make yourself sick by bringing in foods your not used to I had to work milk back into my diet slowly!!

Shannon Masayo said...

Damon is such a little man and sooo handsome it makes me gasp. so cute and what a trooper the pic of him sleeping kyle is the best!!! so glad you are home and safe!

Kayla said...

Those are the cutest freaking picutres ever! Whatever it takes to get sleep some times!

Nate and Sarah said...

Mmmmmm that soup looks so good. I am laughing so hard right now at that picture of Kyle and Damon! Adorable! Man, Kyle must have been tired!