Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A Surprise Arrival...

As many of you may know by now, we are home! Home as in living at our parent's homes in Utah. After 24 hours of traveling, three plane trips, and a whole lot of anticipation we made it. Do not feel bad that we did not tell you we were coming home because we did not tell anyone, not even our families. It was a surprise for everyone (except Bri, Lish, and Jayce of course. They had to pick us up from the airport). We took off from Beijing around 8:00 am on Thursday the 6th, and arrived in Utah at 4:00 pm the same day. It does not seem like that long when you say it like that, but after you remember that the time difference between China and Utah is 15 hours then it makes more sense. We are still having a hard time adjusting to the time change, but are sure glad to have gotten home safely and to see all those we missed so much. We came to the Johnson's home first and rang the doorbell. Kyle's poor mom was probably so shocked to see us standing there. We had a wonderful time the next two days seeing all of his family. The next night we decided to make it a little more fun. We had my sister Aubrey pretend she was baby sitting but instead she brought Damon to see the rest of the Bitter family. They looked at him and said things about him being so cute, then Brooklyn looked a little closer and said, "He looks exactly like Damon!" . When they all figured it out we joined the group. Needless to say, we have had a wonderful few days!

We have been asked about what happened with Kyle's internship with LG and how we were able to change our departure from December 15th to November 6th. The company required interns to work for at least 2 months, and we had been there for 3 1/2 months already. So it was not an issue for us with the internship, we just had to change our flight plans. After being in Tianjin for that long we felt like we had done and seen everything we wanted to and were just enduring the rest of the time there until we came home. But the biggest reason for us coming home early was due to Kyle's change of plans. He has decided to go into Law. In order to apply for Law Schools in the fall he has to take the LSAT the first of December. We came home so he could better prepare for the test. We are very excited for this new direction in our lives!

I am sorry there are no pictures on this post, it always makes it more interesting when there are. I have lots of new pictures, but Kyle and I can't seem to remember where we put the camera cord last time we packed. I will keep searching. We look forward to seeing all of our family and friends soon!

12 comments:

Brett and Megan said...

Oh my gosh I cannot imagine how if felt to see your family after being away from them so long! I am glad you made it back safely, and hopefully I can see you and Damon soon!

rickynkim said...

Welcome back!! I'm so glad everything went well in traveling! That is very exciting about Kyle's decision to go into law!! Good luck with the LSATs! Now that you are back, we should do something!:)

Unknown said...

I'm glad you guys made it home safely. It sounds like you've had quite an adventure and will have more to come with Law school! Good luck!

Kayla said...

WELCOME HOME JOHNSON FAMILY! There's really no place like home:0) Good luck with the LSAT's Kyle ~ i hear they can be brutal!

Heidi said...

Welcome home!

Chaleese said...

Yay! I am so happy you are home!! It was so good to see you! I will come visit you soon ok!!

mckellebmassmemo said...

This is Mark's cousin, Jalyn. I've been following your wonderful adventures. I just want to wish you good luck with the law school endeavor. We are almost half way through here in Mass. It's been a really good direction for us and I know Mark will do well. I'm sure your family is very excited that you are home now for the holidays.

Kallee and Duncan said...

YAY!! Welcome home reese!! I am glad that you came home safely!

Kaija said...

What a fun surprise! I love that it took them a little bit to recognize Damon! He sure must have grew in China! I cannot wait to see you! Call me ok! Do you have your cell phones yet?

Matt and Kathryn said...

Welcome Home!!

Chantele Sedgwick said...

Welcome home! Chaleese was SO excited to see you! You have no idea!:) I am glad you guys are back safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

I loved the surprise. If I had only looked at my blog live feed maybe I would have been able to tell. I am just glad that you are all back and it was so fun to see all of you hear about adventures in person. Good luck Kyle with the tests. Although it might mean moving somewhere else in the US, it just won't be China this time, Good Luck!!!