Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Gratitude

What a studly little boy!
I feel so full of gratitude in my heart for the many tender mercies the Lord has shown forth on my behalf. Sometimes seeing others with struggles helps you realize that your problems are not that hard to live with. If we are able to see that through anything we are dealing with the Lord is still blessing us, then we are on the right track. Our trip to China last year and my job as a nurse has given me opportunities to see many that are dealing with hardships and life threatening situations. The importance of having a dishwasher, new clothes, going out, having new cars/house,...(I could go on forever, as I am sure most of us could) is not what is on my mind. I am thankful for running water that I can wash my dishes with in the comfort of my home. For a basement apartment that keeps us out of the cold. For hand-me-down clothes (even from my younger sisters). For time we have between work and school to spend together with our boy. For a good job that supports our family (even though I look forward to when I can be at home with my boy) at this time when there are many who are without. For my senses, that I can hear my little one laugh and talk and see his smiling face. For the use of my arms and legs so I can clean our home, and be independent. For our health and strength, the gospel, our liberties, family and friends, and life. For all the struggles we have in our lives, we know that there is one who has felt the same. You can never say that there is no one who knows how you feel, or that has not been through what you have. There is. What are you grateful for today?

5 comments:

Kaija said...

Charise you are so amazing with words! I love that post.I might have to do one now!

The Butts said...

oh Charise that is a perfect blog everything you said is so very true. I am glad that you wrote that it made me think about all the things that I am grateful for, so thank you.

Audrey said...

Reese, this was for me!! Thank you!!

Chaleese said...

I loved reading that! Thank you for reminding me to be grateful for what I have! I love ya!!

Ashley said...

I found your blog through my brother Jeff (and Ashley's) blog. Your family is so beautiful! What a handsome little guy. You know what? I am totally grateful that for 8 years my husband and I lived in many dark basement apartments (we lovingly refered to as the caves) with out dishwashers, laundry rooms or storage, and were so poor we had to shop at the DI, because now, I truely appreciate, I am sure more than most people, my dishwasher or actually having a washer and dryer!
My blog is private, but if you ever want an invite let me know!! ashleyjswenson@gmail.com