Thursday, September 23, 2010

Boys BYU Football Trip, Apple Jack Festival...

Kyle and his friends went on a road trip to Colorado to see the BYU football team play Air Force. Even though BYU lost, they had a great time together...if you ever met these guys you would know why.
Griffin, Wes, Nate, and Kyle.

Kyle got stuck on garbage duty at the tailgate party. Too bad for him :)




The game was on September 11th, so the Air Force displayed a beam from one of the twin towers.


Fly over before the game.

GO COUGS!!!


Last week we went to the Apple Jack Festival in Nebraska City.
They have orchards where you can pick apples, tons of apple treats (apple donuts, apple slush, apple cider, caramel apples,...) activities for the kids, and a parade.
The caramel apples and cider were amazing, we did not make it to the parade. It was a bit chilly that day, and the kids were done after a few hours.


Da and Daddy eating some warm apple spice donuts...yum.

Our sweet Jonas.


Owen, Damon, and Lincoln posing for a pic on the stairs of the Morton Mansion
(as in Morton Salt)

Me, Emily, and Suzanne.

Our family

Our friends told us about this sweet little place to eat at on the way back. At first glance we did not know what to think of this hole in the wall restaurant in the middle of nowhere. We were very pleasantly surprised. It was delicious. And also kinda cute that while we were there over the course of thirty to forty minutes, there was a slow steady stream of elderly women who came to have lunch together.

What is going on with us:
Damon is pretty much potty trained.
Jonas is crawling all over the house.
Kyle is working hard in school, and working to try and get internships for next summer.
I am taking care of a boy whose parents are both going to school right now, starting a rotating preschool with some friends, and just trying to keep up with everything.
We love our boys, and our happy life!

5 comments:

Kaija said...

How fun! Those are darling pics and dang you look so skinny! Teach me! Jonas is starting to look like Damon I think! What handsome boys. Miss ya but glad you are having fun creating your own memories!! (that sounded lame, and like it was from a hallmark card, but I meant it :)

Alisha Johnson said...

What a fun festival! All of the apple treats sound delicious... Your boys are looking so grown up, especially Jonas! I am not biased at all in saying I have the best lookin nephews ever! I love the family picture too - sure miss you guys! I'm so happy Damon is doing so well with the potty... You are so great at keeping up with the busy busy lifestyle! Love ya Reese.

Chaleese said...

I am so happy that Damon is potty trained!! That is so great and such a relief. Now can you help me get Pace potty trained? :) I wish I could come visit!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Looks like you guys had fun at the festival... You guys got some cute pictures:) That is great that Damon is potty trained- I bet that helps when you have your hands full chasing Jonas all over the house while he is crawling everywhere! :)

Jana said...

oh we love those boys!i love how damon calls Will "baby Will". can't get over jonas' big brown eyes!

oh and it was SO cold at the parade. but still fun.