For his first birthday Alisha gave him a monkey baby leash (Thanks Lish). He loves it! I thought he might have a hard time getting used to the monkey being strapped to his back, so we decided to let him wear it around the room. Since the leash part can come off it worked out great! He was not so sure about it at first, but as soon as I let him see himself in the mirror with it on he brightened right up! He wants to wear it all the time, I can only get it off of him when he is taking a bath or going to bed. He hugs it, kisses it, and calls it Dada (which Kyle does not like too much). I think he does it because he misses Kyle so much during the day when he is gone. As soon as Daddy gets home from work Damon runs to the door to open it. He forgets all about his little furry friend...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Mr. Monkey
Damon has a new love, Mr. Monkey.
For his first birthday Alisha gave him a monkey baby leash (Thanks Lish). He loves it! I thought he might have a hard time getting used to the monkey being strapped to his back, so we decided to let him wear it around the room. Since the leash part can come off it worked out great! He was not so sure about it at first, but as soon as I let him see himself in the mirror with it on he brightened right up! He wants to wear it all the time, I can only get it off of him when he is taking a bath or going to bed. He hugs it, kisses it, and calls it Dada (which Kyle does not like too much). I think he does it because he misses Kyle so much during the day when he is gone. As soon as Daddy gets home from work Damon runs to the door to open it. He forgets all about his little furry friend...
He has his monkey, squirt bottle, and wind wheel. What more could he want! Damon can get whatever he wants here, not from his parents but from everyone else. Wherever we go all he has to do it point and something and they give it to him. This wind wheel was another little boys toy and just because Damon reached for it the boy's parents made him give it to Damon. The little boy was not very happy about it, but gave it to him anyway. We tried to give it back but they would not let us. Such sweet people! The water bottle was something he saw the cleaning ladies using and of course they gave it to him. Even at the marketplace...they give him food, toys, anything they have! We decided we need to train him to point at the things we need or want to get. This may work to our advantage! :)
On our way to the branch get together. We had a BBQ, then watched the Relief Society and Priesthood sessions of conference together. Of course Kyle was in heaven. His favorite things to eat are burgers and sandwiches. He always says if he could choose his last meal it would be a burger.
For his first birthday Alisha gave him a monkey baby leash (Thanks Lish). He loves it! I thought he might have a hard time getting used to the monkey being strapped to his back, so we decided to let him wear it around the room. Since the leash part can come off it worked out great! He was not so sure about it at first, but as soon as I let him see himself in the mirror with it on he brightened right up! He wants to wear it all the time, I can only get it off of him when he is taking a bath or going to bed. He hugs it, kisses it, and calls it Dada (which Kyle does not like too much). I think he does it because he misses Kyle so much during the day when he is gone. As soon as Daddy gets home from work Damon runs to the door to open it. He forgets all about his little furry friend...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Damon-
you just earned five more bucks from your Auntie Jules. I knew you were a smart kid! (Charise - I am sure he just misses Kyle);)
Yay! I'm glad he likes it. He looks so big! Jayce loves squirt bottles! He loves to drink the water, loves the mist in his face. =)
That monkey is so cute. I wish we would have had one for Kaylee! It is so frustrating when your child runs off. Then you look like an idiot trying to chase them down!
Charise,
Damon is the cutest! I just want to hold him and hug him! I can't wait until I can. I think you and Kyle are awesome parents. I watch you, and know you are an amazing mom. I hope I loved you kids like you and Alisha love your sons. I am so proud of how supportive you are as a wife, and admire you for making China work when Kyle wanted to go. You are a great example to us all, and I'm grateful for your influence on your siblings. I couldn't be more pleased with the amazing daughter you are. I am so proud of you, and am so grateful to be your mom. I love you.
Post a Comment