Thursday, October 9, 2008

Tag...

School: Clearfield High

1. Did you date someone from your high school? Yea, I guess you can say that. Most of the guys I went out with went to Clearfield High at one time or another (including the love of my life).

2. What kind of car did you drive? A brown Ford Taurus. It would only unlock from the passenger side, the back seat door handle was broken off, the speedometer was broken, the gas gauge always pointed to full (which would explain why I became stranded on multiple occasions due depletion of fuel) and you could start the car with its seat belt. That was actually pretty sweet since I had a tendency of loosing my keys.

3. What was your most embarrassing moment in high school? One of the many that I can think of right now is when I was walking out of the lunchroom one day and a boy stuck out his leg and tripped me right as the bell rang. I fell flat on my face and my books went flying. Everyone in the lunchroom had now gotten up to leave and I was totally blocking the hallway. The boy and all his friends were standing right above me and just stood there laughing. I was pretty upset back then, though it does not sound as traumatizing now.

4. Were you a party animal? I do not really think so. I liked to go out, but was a little more held back that most.

5. Were you considered a flirt? I do not think so. Whenever Kyle and I talk about how we were back then he always tells me I was so quiet and shy that it was hard to get to know me.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I did take choir one year, but could not squeeze it into my schedule after that.

7. Were you a nerd? I do not think so.

8. Were you on any varsity teams? No, I seem to have a magnet on my head that attracts balls. Every time we were playing any sport in gym (soccer, basketball, football, volleyball, etc) I would inevitably get hit in the head with the ball. Sad, but true.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? No.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? I would have had to know the song at one point to be able to ‘still’ sing it, so no.

11. Who were your favorite teachers? My dance instructor Jana Shaw,…and I can’t remember any of my other teachers names right now. I guess you can see who had the biggest impact on me.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? In front of food.

13. School Mascot? Falcon, or was it Falcette? Ha, ha.

14. Did you go to homecoming and with who? Yes, with Bryce Widdison.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you? No. My life is so amazing right now and I am so happy to be a wife and a mother,…that life would have no fulfillment for me now that I know how happy I can really be. I am so grateful for the experiences I had and the people I met that changed my life for the better, but it is nothing I would like to relive.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? The fear of having to decide what I wanted to do with my life and what I would study in school. Thankfully my mother came to the rescue and pointed me in the right direction.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I do not remember. I was probably in school wishing I was skipping…

18. Have you gained weight since then? Yes. I spent the majority of my time in school dancing, or taking gym classes. Regretfully I am not dancing anymore. Even running around the hospital for 12-14 hours a day does not do the trick. That is okay though, it does not bug me like it would have back then.

19. Who was your prom date? Jared Buckley. Funny story though, when Kyle and I were engaged, we were over at my parents house just hanging out. My little sister asked Kyle if we had ever been to a dance together. He said no, and she gave a big sigh saying “That is so sad you do not have any pictures together at a dance!” But I can say there is nothing a few dance pictures could do to make us love each other any more than we already do.

20. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Yes, I think it is fun to see old friends and how they are doing. I do not see or hear from very many now.

21. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? To not put my confidence and sense of worth on what others think or say about me. And to not stand idle while some are made a spectacle of for others enjoyment.

I tag everyone!

4 comments:

Chaleese said...

You are so cute! I love ya!

Brett and Megan said...

I loved reading this tag because you and I spent so much time together in highschool. I was laughing when I read that one about your brown car because I have so many memories in that car! I remember you driving us at five twenty five every B day morning speeding down Gordon because we were going to be late to drill practice! I also remember you eating the strangest things for breakfast while you were driving. I also remember waiting in your driveway forever after he had honked and you actually were still asleep! Oh I miss you Charise, we have so many fun memories together!

Bonnie said...

Hey Charise! Hope you don't mind that I found your blog on facebook. I just have to say that you have such a beautiful family! Kyle used to be in my ward a million years ago. Also, I have to tell you that in high school, I thought you were the prettiest girl in all of CHS, and you still look fabulous! Talk to you later!

Anonymous said...

How fun to read about your High School Experience. I would have been devestated too, if someone would have tripped me in the fall, and so I understand that one. By the way I think those stories about you and your car are great. I too had the problem of running out of fuel, but my gas guage worked just fine. I was just always trying to push it as far as it would go without having to get gas. I am just glad that gas was cheaper back then or I might not have even driven any where.