Saturday, September 24, 2011

Natural History Museum

Today we got packed up and rode the metro down to the Smithsonian. The National Book Festival was going on so it was CRAZY busy. Also they are apparently making improvements to the M so it was a slow and multiple detour process.






The boys in front of the dino!



Talking about the sea turtle skeleton

Under the big whale

Crazy, kinda frightening jaw bone and teeth of a giant great white shark.

The boys and I with Mr. Elephant


The Hope Diamond. This 45.52 carat diamond from India is beautiful, blue, and HUGE!!!!


Damon kept thinking that many of the skeletons we were looking at were sword fish from the long noses they had. Well, this one that we saw at the very end happened to be just that! We LoVeD this museum. So many cool things to catch your eye at every turn. And it was a great one to take the kids to. We could really spend hours, days, or even longer at each of the museums. Of course with kids and a limited amount of time it makes things more difficult. I know we have a few months of weekends to do things...but we have SO much we want to do that for now we are just trying to give each museum one day. After a few hours at the museum we walked to Five Guys and had some fantastic burgers and fries.

Right across from the museum was the Department of Justice building.




A little bit down the street we saw the Ronald Reagan International Trade Center.

2 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Can I just say we have had SO much fun looking at all your pictures from D.C.! Every time there's a new post, we get so excited to see all the new stuff you guys have done! I especially love all the pictures of your sweet boys. Oh my heck, they melt my heart! I love them so much and miss them! And you too of course! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. We are SO excited to start this new adventure. We've watched you and Kyle have so many amazing experiences, and I can't wait to see what's in store for us! I FEEL like it's the right thing, so it must be! How awesome it would be to see you guys around the holidays! I'm SO excited!!! Love you all so much, and I'm sure we'll chat very soon!!!

Chaleese said...

I love all these pics! You guys are having so many fun adventures! I'm jealous. ;) I love you Reese. I'll email you soon! Love ya. You look gorgeous like always. So cute girl. :)