Monday, October 24, 2011

Searching for Treasures...

We went to the park this week and reveled in the sweet cool air, beautiful trees, and leaves. We have not gotten out much lately (besides the weekends) and it was a needed outing. 





After the park we went searching for the boy's Halloween costumes. We found some that they are very happy with...and good for me they were actually on sale! It did take some digging though. The first few places we looked were ridiculous...meaning everything was way overpriced (if you know me you know I HATE paying full price for anything!) But after finding out what Damon wanted we did some online shopping and searching other stores. I was pretty amazed that even after my procrastinating till almost the week of Halloween I was able to get the costume he wanted at a reasonable price. Just needed some extra searching. I ended up getting both of their costumes for less than the price of one at the first Halloween costume stores we went to. Insane. 

 
We decided that since we have really pushed ourselves to see so much every weekend, we were going to take it easy this week and have a relaxing day close to home. The last few weeks have really worn us out with all the walking. I had looked up a few used book and antique stores that I wanted to take a look at so we gave them a try.






It was fun to see some crazy cool old stuff. Of course it is not easy to deep search for anything when there are two little monkeys hanging on and running around you. :) But we had a good time and found some good stuff.




We spent the rest of the day at home eating yummy food and watching the BYU game. Good day.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

What beautiful fall leaves!It is so fun to see all of the cool things you guys are doing, thanks for sharing! I miss seeing you!

Chaleese said...

Beautiful pictures my friend. Love em'. What fun visiting that old book store. I would love it! When you are feeling up to it, I'll be home most of this week. Even today. So call me when you are feeling like you want to talk. Love ya!!

Alisha Johnson said...

I have been loving talking to you lately Reese. So fun to see your blog updates! Those fall trees are so beautiful. I'm glad you guys were able to take it easy and still have such a fun weekend! I can't wait to see all of your great finds. I LOVE that picture of you and the boys. Love you.