Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Done Deal


Well, after clearing out our entire savings (just kidding, but it felt like it) our tickets have been purchased. Flying to China during peak season, and adding all the Olympic hype, you can imagine it gets pretty expensive. Luckily my expenses will be reimbursed, and we only had to pay a little (comparatively) for Damon, so we'll only be out Charise's fare- which we will make up working over there. So this really is the best opportunity for us to get over there.

Our departure date is July 21. We'll fly to Hong Kong first and stay a week there, then fly to Beijing. We'll fly back to Hong Kong on December 8, spend another week there, then come home on December 15. I'm sure you all can imagine that I'm pretty excited. Actually, I haven't been able to sleep well since we got the internship offer. Every night I've just been going over in my mind all the things I want to show Reese and Damon and all the people I want them to meet. To be honest, I think Reese hasn't slept well since the offer either, but for different reasons.

We love all of you and will miss you, but this could be a defining moment for our future. All of you are welcome to come visit (but wait until after peak season). We'll continue to keep everyone posted on moving dates and things like that. We hope that we'll get time to spend with all of you before we go.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I repeat once again, I think Damon should stay with me! Love you and hope for the best.
grannie J

Kyle and Reesie said...

You know, if it was only a month, I'd probably take you up on that. But I don't think I could handle not seeing him for 5 months! Thanks for the offer though. You might regret it after I graduate and come back up there and THEN take you up on it :)
Kyle

Anonymous said...

Kyle we are so happy for you, we know how much you want this. Just be so careful and take care of your family, we know it is not that long, but we will miss you while you are gone.

Julie Johnson said...

When is slow season? If I can ever get this house sold and flip another before the end of the year, I might be able to swing it. Does it connect in Hawaii?Sounds like a really good adventure! You are going to have to post more often,like everyday, so people wont worry.

Chaleese said...

I can't believe your going to China!! Charise I will miss you so much! Even though we don't see each other so much your my best friend girl! I love ya!!

The Asper's said...

Oh sad... We will miss you :)

Kaija said...

Hey guys! What China?!? How fun and exciting! You might as well be there now cause I still never see you guys!!
so even though Im single and have no kids....yesterday I started my own blog. check it out if ya get bored...its kinda boring though!
www.kaijapurvis.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's exciting! What a fun adventure for your family! You will have to talk to Jess. I know she and her hubby lived there for awhile! I hope we see you at the BBQ this Saturday! I linked you to my family blog- hope that is okay!