For everyone who is following Ben's situation, I just wanted to give a quick update. He was finally moved out of the ICU today to an intermediary care floor. He has made a lot of progress over the past few days. A few days ago Ben decided that it was time to get all of the tubes and wires off of him, so he took them all out himself: his ventilator, feeding tube, pick line, and IV. The doctor was getting him ready to extubate anyway, so it wasn't too big of a deal. He is talking quite a bit now, but still has trouble remembering things. I helped him go for a walk and take a shower today, and he was able to sit up and feed himself something the hospital referred to as food, but I question the legality of using that term.
We are staying optimistic and trying to be as positive as we can handle. Ben will have a long road to recovery, but we are so grateful for the progress he is making. We saw little glimpses of the usual Ben today, and it was very rewarding to our hearts. We hope he can come home soon.
Thanks to all of you who have included him and the family in your prayers.
3 comments:
I am glad that you are good at keeping us all updated on the situation of Ben. I am so glad to hear he is doing better. I just can't afford the gas in the suburban to drive down all the time, so Rob goes when he is at work in Salt Lake, and he is the important one to see him. Thanks so much for all the info., it is great.
Hey-
Where is the old post that talks about how great my b-day is? and How do I do the pop up window comment thing? Hi Charise. I keep missing you at the hospital. Hope your doing good and that things are getting better, if not let me know. I pack really well. Sometimes I can do it with my mouth closed. Have a great day.
We are so happy that Ben is making good progress... Seriously guys, we are more than happy to watch Damon so that you can go spend time with Ben. Really, anytime! We are very willing to help out. =)
Post a Comment