Tianeman Square
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Beijing
On Kyle's day off this week we went to Beijing. It takes a few hours driving to get there, but they built a new bullet train that cuts it down to a half an hour. We went to the pearl and silk market, the Forbidden City, and Tianeman Square.
At the Forbidden City



Tianeman Square
At the silk market we found lots of beautiful ties for Kyle that will go great with his new suits. Even better, they were a little over a dollar each!
Kyle got me this rock carving which is so beautiful! He saw me looking at it for awhile and knew I liked it so he got it for me. What a sweetie! I can't wait to put it in our new home....where ever that will be.
Today one of the Chinese members (Sister Lee) took me and my friend Anna to a shopping market in Tianjin. She does not speak very much English, but she was so sweet to offer to spend the afternoon with us. I found this plate in a discount/throw away pile of ceramic stuff at one of the stands. I thought it was so beautiful, so I got it!
I love dressing Damon up for church. I think little vests are the cutest on little boys! I could not find a white collared shirt back at home for under 2 years old, but I found one here and a cute vest! (If you can see the tag in the picture it does say Ralph Lauren. Just so Damon knows, I only get these brands in China...I am not gonna buy name brand baby clothes at home. That is unless they open up a bargaining market there...)
And for myself I found a fun scarf and some jewelery for around five bucks. Not a bad days shopping!
Tianeman Square
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
There are so many beautiful places in China! I am so glad you share pictures of them! I wish I could get ties and things for around a dollar. That's crazy!:)
I'm just catching up on your blog! AND WOMAN!! The shopping over there is amazing! How fun! BTW.. love your header! How did you make that?
Wow - Wish I was there! What an amazing place to visit! Enjoy it while you can. UTah is nice and all because its home, but there is nothing like having memories from some where else! Only 7 more weeks. Its crazy how fast the time has gone!
Why do you always get cute stuff?? Seriously, all the stuff you get is so so cute! I love it, and I want to go to China to get cute stuff too :)
HeHe coming back home is the worst and haveing to buy things full price again you will wish you bought more. Fun Fun you guys are coming home soon right?? Have so much fun for the little while longer you are there okay
Wow you got a lot of cute stuff for so cheap! I have not been able to find a white church shirt for Daven either! It's so wierd, you would think that they would have them somewhere. And I love the picture of Damon in his monster costume! He is so precious!
Charise,
You have always been my bargain shopper, and wow are you getting good finds! I'm so glad for you. It's always fun to get great stuff, and get it for a great price! I think you look beautiful holding Damon. I also think Kyle looks so handsome too. Have you gained weight, Kyle? You look kind of filled out. Remember when you gained some weight in Hong Kong? Probably the only time in your life, right? Love you all and can't wait to see you when you return.
wow so glad you found such great treasures! Can't wait till you come home!
i want that scarf!!!!!! :) so cute so cute.
Ok I am thinking that they really need to open up some bargaining markets here in Utah, or maybe just someone closer than China. I definitely need to be able to do some shopping like that. I need to be able to get things for amazing discounts also.
Wow, once again I am jealous! Its nice to shop when everything is such a good price! That shirt for Damon is so very handsome, can't wait to see him in it!
Post a Comment