So we got here on August 24th, Wednesday night. Thursday we went exploring and saw the temple and the visitor center. It has been rainy here so we have not done much site seeing yet. And there was the hurricane warning for Friday night through Saturday morning. Like I said before-the temple is unbelievable!
 |
| When we went to church on Sunday, it had been cancelled due to the power outage from the hurricane. Later in the afternoon we went to this park called Cabin Johns. It is a cool place with little play sets randomly placed along a trail that is in the middle of the trees. So fun. I guess they have other trails, an ice skating rink, a train, camping spots, and fun programs there. Nice that it is not too far from where we live. There are lots of trees that are down from when the hurricane came through. you can see they taped off an area for the big one that fell across some of the play ground. |
 |
| Since Kyle started work this week, we have been busy at home. We read, work on preschool stuff with Damon, take naps, eat, clean, play, and repeat. It is funny that being at home is always so busy. |
 |
| On Friday, Jennie took us out to lunch and we got Peruvian Chicken, which was amazing! Then we came to this park. It was so cool, I love how green everything is...and one thing Kyle and I keep bringing up is that here it seems the buildings are placed around the trees. Not the landscape planned after the construction. It is like working with nature, not changing it to move around us. It is so different. We like it. |
 |
| And sadness...Jo is already a dare devil. Hence the black eye. It was like this seconds after he had a little tumble on the play set. (And of course he has already learned to climb out of his play pen. It is so hard to keep my boys as babies. I guess here comes the toddler bed.) |
 |
| After napping, a few hours later. |
 |
| Water thrower and purple eye fish catcher |
 |
| Day 2-getting a little more purple. Looks like we had a make-up day :) |
Our second Saturday, September 3rd, we started our site seeing...we went to the Jefferson Memorial first. I did not realize how awesome it would be. But let me tell you...It was amazing.
 |
| I get chills when I read things our founding fathers have spoken. It speaks truth to my heart. |
 |
| You can't see in the picture, but as soon as we made it into the building it started to downpour! |
We also went to Arlington Cemetery. Of course that was really amazing too, and very humbling.
 |
| Driving into Arlington Cemetery |
 |
| We have tried to explain to the boys about all the things we are seeing. It is so amazing to be able to see these things in person. I am sure they will appreciate it more and more as they get older. |
 |
| The Tomb of the Unknowns. |
 |
| Beautiful views on our drive home. |
 |
| The Potomac |
We were planning on seeing much more...but it was literally torture trying to find a place to park. We heard that taking the Metro was good for the museums but driving was much better for seeing the monuments because they are so spread out. It may have been crowded due to the new Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial being dedicated---still for our sanity I think next time we will try the Metro and see how much we can get done.
1 comment:
I LOVE that pic of you and Jo in front of the temple. You look fabulous- what a hot mamma you are! Poor little Jo's head. Boys are so crazy ha ha! Love all these pics Reese!
Post a Comment