Sunday, November 27, 2011

Harpers Ferry

Saturday we drove to Harpers Ferry National Historic Park in West Virginia.

They did not have very much parking in the actual town, so we parked a little bit away and walked. There were beautiful things to see along the way.





First view of the town.


The boys (especially Jonas) loved throwing rocks in the water. The rest of the time we were there he kept moving his arm like he was throwing a rock and making a splash sound with his mouth.









All the fresh pine wreaths and garlands were so beautifully festive I got butterflies. How wonderful Christmas time is...



We had lunch at Hannah's seafood and bbq restaurant.

They sell antiques too. The little metal horse was the coolest.


St. Peter's Roman Catholic Church



Kyle, deep in concentration...



Sleepy angel.


St. John's Episcopal Church ruins


Jefferson Rock




The starting place for Lewis and Clark



Jo, and Da jumping over the tracks in the back :)



The train depot






View of the Potomac



5 comments:

Chaleese said...

Wow. How cool was that? Love all the old buildings. So awesome. I love the Christmas decorations as well. Wonderfu is right! :)

Lara said...

Looks like such a cool place!! Glad you were able to visit. You guys look great. Can't wait to see you soon! :)

Alisha Johnson said...

What an amazing day! I could look at these pictures all day long... I love Damon pulling on Kyle's leg and Jo's sleepy smile. :) Love you all!

Audrey said...

I love these!! AND I love that the boys use their blankets and love them!!! :)

Jana said...

i want to go there!!!