Monday, August 25, 2008
Fabric Market
On Saturday we went to a place called the Fabric Market. It was this two story building with little booths squished together that filled every square inch of the place. And it was all fabric. Different kinds, colors, anything you can think of! It was amazing! We went with a few of the other interns who had been there before. They said that they would bring pictures of whatever they wanted made, and the Chinese merchants would help them get the amount of fabric they needed and make it for them. We saw some of the things that they had made and everything was gorgeous! Kyle has wanted a new suit for awhile, and we decided to wait to get it while we were in China. We went online and found a great looking expensive suit and printed out pictures of it to give to the tailor. We picked out the fabric he wanted and they took his measurements. We can't wait to get it back. It was so fun to look around at all the stuff they had there. I am excited to get some things made for myself too! Next time I will remember my camera and will have to post some pictures. It was awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Do you; need us to send you some high end fashion magazines? You deserve to get some great stuff. Kisses to Damon, hugs to mom and dad.
granny J
That sounds awesome! I hope they have cool things like that in Korea. Jared already got a really nice suit for really cheap, so maybe I'll get lucky!
I want to go to the fabric market with you!!
What a cool place! You should get Damon an ethnic Chinese outfit for the treasure box! Hey I tagged ya in my blog...check it out! Miss ya and love ya! Did you get to see any Olympic events? I bet you heard it all though huh!
I am LOVING to read of your adventures & everything about China, it really makes me want to visit some day! It is so fascinating,(and they say others vacations are not fun to hear about..not so much - I’m hooked.) This might be a little silly but of all the things I’ve seen on your adventures there in China -the fabric market probably makes me the most jealous! Literally it makes my tummy flitter with excitement..extremely dorky -I know! This is probably why I am an Interior Design Major. Hope you can get some great things. Thanks for letting us follow along.
Wow, that sounds like a dream come true! I am jealous! I am always in desperate need of new clothes. Was it pricey? Thanks for your comment...I definitely have angels watching over me when I'm taking care of people! I'm sure you can agree! Ugh, 6 months of not working would make it SO hard to go back. Yes, I'm only part time...SUCH a difference.
Post a Comment