Saturday, September 6, 2008
Ancient Culture Street
Yesterday we went out with our new friends Samuel and Anna Lattin. They have a few Chinese friends who live here who took us around shopping and site seeing. We went to Ancient Culture Street which is much like the Drum Tower we visited a few weeks ago. But this place was a bit bigger. We had a fun day seeing new things, shopping, and bargaining.
Us at the beginning of the street.
Our first look down Ancient Culture Street.
Looking out from inside one of the shops.
One of the side roads leading to the center of the street.
Us, Samuel and Anna Lattin (the other BYU couple interning at LG who got here last week), and Jen their Chinese friend who took us around.
This was pretty cool. For a few bucks you could have yourself sculpted in a half an hour. I got a picture of this random guy getting it done. It was crazy!
Damon has never refused anything we put in his mouth until yesterday. He absolutely loves eating (just like his mommy). But when we tried to give him a taste of the cotton candy he would not have it. He just spit it right back out!
We have told you about it, but now I have a picture of it. This is one of the many crowds who gathered to point and stare at our little boy. No matter where we go here everyone loves him!
Kyle with cotton candy, and Mr. Olympic mascot gooey candy guy.
Some little treats our Chinese friends bought for us. They are little cakes made of rice with flavored jelly and stuff on the top. The plate was made to eat too. I do not know what it was made out of but it tasted okay. Just bland, like all sweets here.
Canvas drawings, and paintings.
Kyle bought Dader some nun chucks. Kyle is such an amazing dad, his one weakness is his son. Whatever Damon wants, he somehow gets (when daddy is around)
An archway in the center of the street
Some cool characters on a sign
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How cool Charise! Love the pics! I have a "fake" picture of China town when I went to san francisco this summer... sure looks similiar to real China! PS I love your pink dress/shirt thing! I also love the "Mr. Olympic mascot gooey candy guy!" THAT should be its offical name! Love ya! hey also- I think Alisha's mother in law maybe was my 6th grade teacher...cool huh!
Now that street looks absolutely incredible. So much to see and look at and of course I am sure to buy also. From the looks of it, Kyle was happier about the cotton candy than Damon was. How did Damon like the num chucks for a toy? It seems like you are seeing and visiting a lot of places, and I hope you are enjoying it all. You look happy and liking China.
Post a Comment