Sunday, September 21, 2008

Hong Kong

We had to make a trip back to Hong Kong to renew our visas this week. We were gone for a few days and had no computer or internet while we were there so we could not post about the wonderful time we had until now. We love Hong Kong! People may think it is much like China but it is not. It was so fun to go back and spend time there with some of Kyle's friends he made on his mission. There is so much to write and many pictures to show so I think I will just do a little everyday. We got to Hong Kong on Thursday night. It was pretty late so we just went out for dinner then back to our hotel. Good thing about HK is it has western food, and pretty much any other kind of food you would want! Unlike China where you have all Chinese or Korean food. We ate at Fat Angelos (which is an Italian restaurant) and it was amazing! We have not had that kind of food for months so it made it that much better. On Friday we went to Lantau Island to see the big Budda. It was so beautiful there! The ocean, mountains, and clear sky were breathtaking. For dinner we went out with our friend Dennis to an Indian place. I have never had real Indian food but I was pleasantly surprised because it was delicious!

The Star Ferry-you can take this across the harbor to Hong Kong Island or ride the MTR/subway. The subway is so convenient, but it is fun to take the Ferry and enjoy the view!

Daber on the Star Ferry waiting to cross the harbor over to the city.

Looking at Hong Kong Central from the Ferry.

My two favorite boys, happy to be in Hong Kong!

To get to the big Budda we had to take these cable cars across the ocean and up the mountains. The view was amazing!

There he is, big Budda himself.

Looking out to the ocean and islands from the big Budda.

Us at the big Budda



Isn't that just too beautiful for words! Oh it was amazing.

The night scene on Hong Kong Island.

A picture of our yummy Indian food...the chicken curry, lamb masala, bread stuffed with cheese, rice...my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Dennis and Damon. Dennis was so wonderful! He helped us get a hotel, took us out to eat, and spent most of his time with us while we were there. He just got back from serving a mission in Provo, Utah. He is from Hong Kong, but has visited Utah quite a few times before his mission and loves it there. It was so great that of all the places in the world he was able to serve in the place he already loved!

6 comments:

Alisha Johnson said...

Wow, I really am super jealous of you guys... Funny, last night when we were driving home from Mom's I asked Brian if he was jealous of you. He said no, which was surprising to me! I guess he doesn't have to be because it's something he is truly looking forward to... There is no question in his mind of whether or not we will live there! Hope you can be there with us! =)

The Calaway's said...

That is so awesome you get to live in china!! I would love to go visit there someday! Your little family is so cute & you are still beautiful as ever!!!:)

Chaleese said...

Wow! Hong Kong looks like a beautiful place! I wish we were there with you!!

Shannon Masayo said...

Indian food is the best. Bombay house in salt lake is yummy! I bet yours was better! These pictures are gorgeous! I'm so jealous that you get to be somewhere so amazing with your lil family! Damon will love to look at all the photos when he is older. so cute. and thank you for your sweet words!

Justin...&...Andrea said...

Im so jealous! I've had so much fun reading about your amazing adventures in China! It looks like you guys are havig a great time! It's fun to keep in touch through blogs and keep updated on what you guys are up do! I can't believe how big your little guys is getting! Did you know we are having a girl? Im excited...any advice you wanna send along my way would be greatly appreciated! Keep in touch and be safe!

Anonymous said...

Wow those pictures are so neat. I am glad you both have continued to post while in Hong Kong and China. It is fun to see all your adventures there and with all the fun places you go.