Twice a month on Wednesdays the Westfield Mall has a family fun day. I had heard about them doing activities for kids and we decided to go. It was so good to get the kids out of the house, and everything was free! There was coloring, a program, treats, tickets for free food, a play ground, and lots of kids to play with.
Damon got his free kids meal since we were there around lunch time.
When daddy got home later that night it was wrestling time...(and Damon had to wear his superman costume :)
Tonight when we were putting Damon to bed he told both Kyle and I separately, "I love you the whole wide world." Sweetest...
When we were going to pick up Kyle from the metro after work one day, we were stopped at a light when Damon said to me, "Mom, I don't need no more presents. I have enough presents at home." The last little while he has been remembering gifts he received last Christmas that we left at home. I guess after seeing all that he has he realized that he doesn't really need anything more. What a good lesson to learn from my 4 year old.
We have been working hard on Preschool and Kindergarten workbooks together. We also found some cheap reading starter books at a second hand bookstore here which we have been working through as well. Damon has been able to write his first and last name for a few months now with no help. The other day he came up to me and said, "Mommy, I have to write D-A-M-I-N, cause guys don't call me Dam-ON, they call me Dam-IN. So it is D-A-M-I-N." I tried to explain that sometimes letters make different sounds in different words, but to no avail. He now will sometimes write his name Damin. Funny guy. Sometimes he surprises me with how much he learns and retains. He is always questioning and trying to find out for himself. What a great quality. I love my sweet boys and how wonderful life is with them.
Jonas almost has all his teeth in. He is working on three at the moment...with him it seems like it takes weeks for those little buggers to move into the right place. He is so pleasant though. You would hardly know anything is going on. He has turned into a busy little dare devil. He is starting to explode with words. So fun to see the communication with us and the boys grow. Jo loves being upside down, tickling, snuggling with stuffed animals, and being wrapped up in his dino blanket.




1 comment:
Oh how I love your little boys. It's so fun for me to hear these little stories about them! I can't believe how intelligent and big they both are! Isn't wrestling with Daddy the best!? :)
Post a Comment