We were invited to go to Kyle's cousin Kevin's house for Thanksgiving. He and his wife Karin have a row home in D.C. It was stunning. They have a sweet little boy named Matthew who is a few months younger than Jonas. The boys had a blast playing together and seeing their dog Wit. Besides the Wells and ourselves, Jennie, and Karin's parents Peter and Roberta were there. We had a wonderful evening and ate to our hearts content. We were so grateful to have family who though they had not met us yet graciously invited us to join with them and enjoy this holiday.

They had a basement filled with fun toys and things for the kids to play. It was perfect! The boys had a blast.
Like I said, their home is just beautiful. I got to go upstairs for just a second and it was just as wonderful. What a perfect place to celebrate Thanksgiving!
Kevin and Kyle deep frying the turkey...YES, it was AMaZinG!
So they actually made two turkeys. The fried one and an oven roasted one.
The Thanksgiving spread. My mouth starts to water when I think about all the lovely and absolutely delicious things we ate. I tried my first piece of pecan pie and it was unforgettable. Happy Thanksgiving!
Damon has been getting very excited about going home. He saw the leaves were falling off the trees and said, "When the leaves fall off and it starts to snow we will go home! Hooray!!!" The other morning he was telling me about how excited he was again and I thought we would make a going home chain.
Just two more weeks!





3 comments:
What a beautiful holiday, it looks like a scene from a movie! It will be so nice to have you back!!
We missed you guys badly, so fun to have you on Skype during the lighting ceremony... I'm so glad you were able to have such a yummy Thanksgiving dinner! That basement looks like a child's dream!
I can't believe you're heading home in less than 2 weeks!
i can't believe you're almost done! stop by dallas on your drive back...it's on the way.
Post a Comment