Monday morning I got up and was just a little worried about working my shift that night. I was scared I would go into labor at work, have him there or in the car (like Alisha with Mayci), and not make it to Ogden Regional. I didn't have my next OB appointment until Wednesday, but after talking to my sis she advised me to call my midwife and see what she thought. I called and got squeezed into a 10:00 time just to see how far I had progressed and if she thought I should go to work or not. I was at a 4 and 70% and having pretty regular contractions from 3-5 minutes. She told me I wouldn't be going to work and should go to the hospital. I was hoping it would happen that day but was pretty skeptical. I was not wanting to go to the hospital just to be sent home a few hours later. I was strep + so I would need to have antibiotics before delivery so I thought she was just trying to be careful. The kids were with my mom so I called Kyle and we met at the house before heading up to Ogden.
Surprisingly when we got there they just went ahead like it would for sure happen that day. They started an IV, antibiotics, and paperwork. It was about noon. I told them I was planning to go natural like I did with Lyla and they were all very supportive. Because of that they let me drink and walk around all I wanted which was SO nice. Mari-my midwife came to see me after her clinic. She delivered Lyla and Mayci too. She is awesome. It was about 6:00. She broke my water and said she would stay close cause she knew it would be fast. I was at a 7 and 70%. Of course after breaking the water things start to get very intense. I was able to keep it calm but it was getting harder and harder. When I started having to take 3 or more deep breaths to get through a contraction I was getting worried I couldn't do it. After a few bad ones and getting a little anxious I felt the baby move down. We called the nurse and Mari and he came just a few minutes later.
He had so much dark hair especially in the back we could hardly believe it! Our boys were baldies and Lyla had hair but it wasn't that dark.
Levi William. Born at 19:05, 6 lbs 12 oz, 19 inches. Sweet perfect little soul.
We rested up that night and our families came to visit the next day.
I sadly didn't get pictures of my family, but they brought our kids to see the baby. It was love at first sight. It is a little crazy to look at these pictures and see how big our family has grown. I know we have four kids but it is a little shocking to see us all in a picture together.
What a blessed little family we have. So grateful for each of these special people.







No comments:
Post a Comment