Friday, August 1, 2008

From Our View

Well, this is it! This is our new home for the next 5 months. We live on the 16th floor (I know, if you count the floors there are not that many. It is because they number their floors differently, or should I say superstitiously. They do not have the 4th, 13th, or 14th floors because those numbers are bad luck. Silly Asians!). Anyway, this is really a Korean Hotel. LG is a Korean company and they are paying for the hotel, so that's that. As you can see I made it outside today, YEA!!! (Everyone cheer) I realize that is not much to most of you, but a big accomplishment to me. Most of the people in the hotel have found out I only speak english, so we just try to communicate with signs. It is really quite funny. We do not understand one another most of the time, but I appreciate the effort on my behalf. I am able to tell the difference between someone speaking Cantonese or Mandarin. The trick is here they also speak Korean. I just smile and nod. Thats the best I can do for now.
So, this is a picture of the outside of our hotel.

This is our room

This is the view from the window. Nice construction eh?
Our bathroom.

Just something outside of the hotel
Damon, happy to be out of the room for a bit.



5 comments:

Alisha Johnson said...

Congrats Reese... I am really proud of you! =) I hope Damon took a little nap for ya. Your hotel room looks pretty nice! It's fun to see these pictures... Damon's eyelashes in the second to last picture are to die for! Funny that the boys always get the beautifully long and curly eyelashes!

Chaleese said...

Oh I am so glad you made it outside today!! Good for you girl!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so glad you are being brave enough to venture outside. I hope my boy is making sure you see and learn things. You sound like you have a good attitude. We love you lots. That fat bald baby boy needs a big juicy kiss from Grannie Javafc

Kaija said...

Hooray for making it outside! Charise you are so brave in the first place to be there! I bet you will come back speaking full chinese! So funny...when we went to India, my mom is of course caucasian and everyone was wanting pictures of her! I bet they all loved Damon though! How cute that he loves attention!! Hey think of a memory and post it on my blog k! love to hear one from you!!

Anonymous said...

You are very brave, and have such good spirits while living in an apartment. The apartment looks pretty good, a little small but decent. Funny how superstitious the chineese people are.