Friday, August 15, 2008
The Great Wall
Today we went to see the Great Wall with a few of the other interns at LG. It was amazing! The stones that it was built with were a dark slate color, and in between the stones bright green moss grew threw. On either side of the wall the greenery of the hills and trees was breathtaking. There was an area where the wall dipped down close by the valley, and they had built houses, arches, gardens, and courtyards around it. I loved those too. What an amazing experience! I never thought I would ever be able to say that I had stood on the Great Wall of China. Now I can! It is hard to explain how it looked and felt to be there. There is nothing back home to compare it to. Just a wonderful, once in a lifetime thing. It was a great day! We took lots and lots of pictures, so I think we will do a slide show after I figure out how to do it. The best part is....being here with the two people I love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Did you go to a new part or an older part. We went to an authentic part and it was incredible but what a hike huh? Mark and I were able to travel all over china. We lived in Hefei, Anhui province. And like you no one spoke on once of engish you have to learn the necessities like how much? and WC and of course where you live in case the need to explain it to a taxi. those crazy taxi rides! We spent a lot of time in Shanghi which was my favorite but all of China was amazing!! Keep posting I love reading. ya enjoying that humidity? one more thing if you are not keeping a journal. copy and paste all your posts into a word document! you will be happy you did!
How amazing you got to go to the Great Wall! As I have been watching the Olymics, they show the Great Wall and it looks so cool! The Greenery looks amazing! Is it chaotic with all the events and stuff going on? Well keep posting! Love Kaija
I agree with Jess...keep a journal of these once of a lifetime experiences!
Post a Comment