Sunday, August 10, 2008

Together

Sorry, no pictures. We forgot to take our camera around the last few days. It was a great weekend though! So fun to be together again. On saturday we went shopping down this never ending road with stores and malls on both sides. We found a few fun shops that we will probably visit again. It was a little different than the street markets in Hong Kong though. There was no bargaining for things, just buy them for whatever they are priced for. Even then they were very cheap, so it was no big deal. I wish my 'shop till you drop' sisters could have been there to share in my joy (cause I love a good deal). We did not go to Beijing, but saw the Olympic opening ceremonies on TV in Korean. We hope to be able to go to a soccer game because they are holding them here in Tianjin. Today we went to church at our little branch here. There were only 9 other people besides us there, and half only spoke Korean. (All the Chinese members meet at a separate time. Even though the government allows you to meet for church here, the natives cannot meet with the foreigners). We did have one person who helped translate from English to Korean. The teacher for sunday school had to leave, so they asked Kyle to just come up and give a lesson. He did amazing, even with no preparation time. The teacher for Relief Society and Priesthood was gone as well, so I gave the lesson. They did give me one days notice though. Better than none! It is amazing how different it is when there are so few members. But the church is the same no matter where you go. It was good to be in a place where we could feel the spirit and worship with others of our own faith. Needless to say, we are speaking in sacrament next week. :)

I also wanted to say Happy Birthday to my family whose birthdays were this week. Mom, Ry, Lish, and Brucie I love you! Hope you each had a nice day, I was thinking of you!

1 comment:

Kaija said...

Wow how neat you guys were able to teach and give the lessons! I cannot believe there were only 9 members. So how come you're at the Korean ward again? How far away is the Chinese one? You guys will both do amazing next week on your talks!
Love ya!